SnapDesk | A Group Text App Without Reply All
Looking for the Right Group Text App Without “Reply All”?
Everyone loves text messaging. Text messages are now the most convenient, discreet and efficient way people communicate. In fact, 67% of customers would rather text than talk with someone at a business.
With more efficient text messaging capabilities, its no surprise that businesses and organizations are adopting group text messaging as part of their day-to-day communications strategy. When you need to mass text groups of people, a group text is a way to go.
However, the traditional group texts you’re used to sending from your iPhone using iMessage or your Android using Google Messages have some problems. This is especially true for business. What you need is an app to send group texts individually.
Suggested Article: How to Find the Right Group Text App for Your Business or Organization
The Problem with Normal Group Texts
- If you’re using iMessage or Google Messages for your group text messaging, there’s no way to send your group text without reply all.
- Everyone sees everyone else’s individual text messages in the text message group.
- Group texts sent from your employees’ or your personal phone aren’t private.
- If your employees send group text messages from their personal phones, you have no oversight of the conversations they’re having with your customers.
- Your iPhone or Android device doesn’t have an efficient, built-in way to organize your business contacts. You can't segment customers and user groups.
- You can’t compose, personalize or save a text message as a template to send a single text or MMS message to one individual or a group.
The Solution: SnapDesk, A Group Text App Without Reply All
SnapDesk is a group text app without reply all for businesses and organizations. SnapDesk isn’t a typical group chat app. It lets you send a group text individually to groups of contacts. With SnapDesk you can create groups, apply text message templates and send messages to individual contacts.
Each text message response comes back to you in the messages dashboard as a single, individual reply. All responses are private and separate from all of the other contacts you send the same message to.
How to Send a Group Text Individually With SnapDesk
It only takes three steps to send group texts individually using SnapDesk. First, you need to organize your customers by creating a group. Second, you create a text message template. Third, you send the group message. Below is the step-by-step guide for creating a group, composing a text messsage template and sending your group text.
Create the Customer User Group in the “Groups” Module
- From the SnapDesk Dashboard, select the tile called “Groups”.
- To create a new group in the Groups Module, select the orange “+” icon at the bottom right.
- Enter a group name and add users or persons to your new group
- Once you’ve added everyone into the group, select “Save” to save the group for future use throughout the app.
- You can return to the Groups Module at any time to mark a group important, add or remove users and customers or archive the group entirely.
Compose Your Group Text Message Template
- Now that you have a group, you can create and save a text message template to send to that group.
- To compose a new text message template, go to the “Messages” Module - here you’ll see all of your customer conversations.
- From the Messages Module dashboard, select the green “+” icon and “New Group Message” to create a new group message.
- In the new dialog box drop-down, select the group you’d like to send a text message to.
Send Your Group Text Message
- In the Groups Module, you’ll now see messages for that group. If you’ve sent texts to this group before, you’ll see them displayed historically.
- To send a new message, start typing in the text box below or select the “^” options arrow to add personalization or an existing template.
- Once you’re happy with the content of your message, select the “Send” airplane icon to preview the message you’re about to send.
- You can save this message as a new template or update an existing on by selecting “Save/Update Template”
- Once you’re happy, hit “SEND” to send your message to your group.
- Watch as all group text replies come back as individual conversations.
The Future of Group Text Messaging with Rich Communication Services (RCS)
SMS text messaging as a technology hasn’t changed much in the almost 30 years since it was invented. In most cases, you still have 160 character limits and you can only send so much information in a single text. This is all changing as carriers increasingly adopt the next generation of text messaging called Rich Communications Services or RCS.
RCS will change your messages app. With this new tech, you’ll be able to have more interactive and personalized group text messages. Users will be able to share more advanced forms of media that go beyond MMS and they’ll have greater control over their privacy and opt-in, opt-out with group text messages. SnapDesk is at the forefront of RCS and we’ll keep you posted as our RCS enable group messaging begins to roll out in 2020.