SnapDesk Release Notes
V1.1.4 - March
- Scheduling Messages
- Users can now schedule messages to people or groups in SnapDesk.
- Send scheduled messages once or set them to
recur over time at set intervals.
- View all scheduled messages in the messages module via the scheduled tab.
- Schedule an appointment reminder a day before and send it out an hour prior to the appointment.
- CSV Upload
- Upload contact data directly in SnapDesk via CSV/Excel file.
- Download a template or upload your own CSV/Excel files.
- Perform mass updates, changes, or delete contacts.
- Export all customer data information into a CSV file.
What's On the Horizon for 2020
- Campaign Builder
- In Q2 SnapDesk will launch its first in-app campaign builder
- Users will now be able to intertwine SnapDesk's existing features into seamless engagement campaigns to make customer management easier than ever.
- Invoices Module
- In Q2 of 2020, SnapDesk will add an Invoice module to the dashboard
- This will allow Quickbooks users to manage open invoices, schedule invoice reminders and edit invoice message templates all from one spot
- Invoice module will give users an easy way to sort paid, unpaid, or past due invoices
- Call Forwarding
- In Q2 of 2020 customers who attempt to call your SnapDesk number will be forwarded to an existing company phone number of your choice
- Calls will be logged inside of SnapDesk to notify users everytime a contact attempts to call them
- In Q4 of 2020, SnapDesk will roll out in-app calling features that will allow users to seemlessly call contacts directly from their SnapDesk phone number.
- App Notifications
- In Q2 of 2020 SnapDesk will add out-of-app notifications so users get informed even when they aren't logged in
- The first out-of-app notifications will be emails that alert users to unread messages, unfinished tasks or past due customer invoices
- In Q4 of 2020 we will be releasing push notifications that will allow iOS and Android users to receive notifications directly to their mobile phones.