How to Text an Invoice
Being able to text invoice messages to your customers is a very effective way of reminding certain customers who have unpaid invoices. Multiple features within SnapDesk’s invoice tab allow users to view which invoices are unpaid, have been paid the longest, and more. This article will give you a step by step process of how to access these features in SnapDesk and successfully manage your invoices.
How to Get to Customer Invoices
- Click “Customers” from the dashboard once logged into SnapDesk.
- The Customers module displays all the customers in your index.
- Click on the search bar in the upper left hand corner of the Customer module.
- Search and click on the desired customer's name.
- Inside the customer profile, click on the “Invoices” tab.
- The Invoice tab displays all open invoices with this customer, the balance amount, and the due date.
- Note that you can only access invoices within SnapDesk if you’re a Quickbooks user.
- Note that you can only send invoices to customers within SnapDesk if Quickbooks Payments is set up in Quickbooks.
How to Text an Invoice
- To text an invoice to the customer, locate the invoice from the invoices tab.
- Click on the vertical ellipses to the right of the invoice rectangle.
- Click “Send Invoice”.
- The customer will receive a text message from Quickbooks Online
- Click on the URL link within the text message.
- This link will send the customer to Quickbooks Online where they can complete the invoice payment.
How to Filter Customer Invoices
- From the customers profile, click on the customer Invoices tab.
- The customer invoices tab shows filters invoices from “Newest to Oldest”.
- Click on the downward arrow in the filter bar.
- The filter will allow you to view your invoices by “Oldest to Newest”, “By Highest Balance”, and “By Lowest Balance”.
- The Invoices tab shows all the invoices with the selected client.
- Click on the “Show Unpaid Only” checkbox to show invoices with this customer that haven’t been paid yet.
SnapDesk’s current features don’t allow users to create invoices within the app. After sending an invoice through Quickbooks Online, SnapDesk will allow you to send text reminders to specific customers with unpaid invoices.