Setting Up User Roles
Now that you have added users you can begin assigning user roles. This is a great way to segment your company into a hierarchical s tructure. Before you set up the roles for each user you should fa miliarize yourself with the 3 different roles that a user can have: Admin, Manager, and Operator.
Starting at the base of the structure are your Operators, the very core of your business. As an operator you have access to a wide variety of functionalities, including:
- Creating and Editing Customers
- Joining Groups
- Viewing and Completing Assigned Tasks
- Sending Private Messages and Group Sends
- Creating Message Templates
- Viewing Customer Documents
As a manger you have all the abilities of an Operator, and more!
- Create and Edit Groups
- Have Full Document Access
- Upload Company Wide Documents
- Upload Individual Customer Documents
- Create and Assign Tasks
- For Both Customers and Users
- View Unassigned and Completed Tasks
- Update Intuit QuickBooks
- Invite and Edit Users
- Assign Roles
As an Admin you have the most power and versatility. There is only one admin account permitted for each company. The reason for this is because they are the only ones that have access to secure features, like billing. Several actions are available to you on top of manager and operator roles, including:
- Updating Payment Information
- Updating Customer Settings
- Creating Custom Fields
- SMS Settings
- Setting Up Auto-Billing
- Updating Utilities
- Restarting Setup
- Adding a New Company Account
- Receiving Notifications for Completed Task
Assigning User Roles
Now that you understand the permissions allowed for each role it is time to assign each user a role. Doing so is an effortless process. Be sure to be on either a manager or admin account so that you can access these features.
- Select the blue circle in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Users.”
- Select the vertical ellipsis on the user you are trying to edit.
- Click on “Edit User.”
- Select the down arrow to the right of their current role to view more roles.
- Click on the desired role.
- Select “Save Changes.”
There you have it, assigning roles is a cinch with SnapDesk. The app is rich in features and can be customized to fit the needs of any business big or small. Each role is optimized so that your business can run as seamlessly as possible. Whether you run a housekeeping business or a law firm, SnapDesk has you covered.